First guitar lesson
The first lesson is free of charge, and there is no obligation to continue. In this session I want to find out as much as possible about what you want to achieve. This will allow me to tailor any future lessons around what you want, as no one course of lessons is going to suit the needs of every student. Of course, if your goals change as you improve, then it is always possible to alter lessons to take you in a new direction.
Beyond the first lesson
- I can teach from any level, beginner to advanced. So don’t worry if you’ve never even touched a guitar before.
- I strive to make each lesson as engaging and fun as possible, and to make sure what you are learning is as useful and relevant to you as possible.
- If you are an aspiring songwriter I can help you develop in your writing, by looking at popular songs and learning the tricks and techniques that make them work.
- I can show you a variety of styles covering everything from pop, metal, funk, and more.
- Each lesson will include material for you to take away and work with, to help you practice at home.
- If there are any songs you want to learn just let me know and we’ll start working on it as soon as possible.
- Music theory can help deepen your understanding not just of the guitar, but of music in general. It is something that I would strongly recommend studying, if you are interested in doing so then I can help you.
- If you decide that you would like to take a graded exam I teach Rock School, Registry of Guitar Tutors, and The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) syllabus. Passing exams in either of these can earn UCAS points towards admission to higher education courses.
Lessons last 60 minutes at a cost of £25 per lesson and take place at my studio. The frequency of lessons is up to you, and can take place from weekly to monthly. You can book a block of ten lessons for the price of nine, this is a great option if you know someone who wants to play the guitar, and you are purchasing lessons as a gift.